Tuesday, August 4, 2009

ok, now I know what AndrewDerek means when he says his keyboard is different. This is sooooo weird. OK, FYI, its almost 3 am and the breakfast buffet is from 6 to 10 so here´s my day in a nutshell. Since I am a bit unfamiliar with the keyboard and the hotel´s codes for the ampersan sign, please read between the lines.

Woke up late, Steve picked up April´s school schedule. Girls got hard classes next year, Trig, AP English and some other Honors class which totally eludes me. so he picks it up comes back to bed and we promptly wake up at 9:30 am. Andrew takes us to the airport arrive at 10:40. Get into line at Lan (Bradley terminal) get out of line at 11:10. Head to gate, cashe $200 and get back just a bit over 500 Sols. Get something to eat, do necessities, head to gate and board. Board at 12:35, plane took off at 1:30. It was a Boeing 767-300. Seat configurations of 2, 3 , 2. Full, and I mean full plane. 8 hrs later we arrive )minus the 2 screaming kids seated on either side of us - we were of course in the middle but the one next to me was pretty good actually. Im impressed. Lets hear it for the single father traveling with two boys!

Anyway, finally get to Lima at 11:51 their time. Lima is 2 hrs ahead of CA time. When not on Daylight savings time it is the same as the east coast for the west coast. Saled through customs, got our baggage, more detail later if anyone wants, right now its almost 3 and I just want to post this. Got meet outside of baggaged by a black suited Man in Black (hee hee ' tired humor) and a sign saying "Disney - Elliott" Have I mentioned I love seeing my name down in print? LOL - I have to hunt down the ? mark - and the dash - its in a different location. Got driven to Casa Andina Private Collection Miraflores which is a subarb of Lima. Lima itself where the airport is is an industrial city. Hotel, which we walked into at about 12:30 is VERY NICE! Good going DISNEY! Our room was on the 6th floor. Everyone very friendly and helpful. Got to room and what a surprise, nice big double-queen beds. Bathrooms are nice and big but glass enclosed out to the street. I hope they have some kind of way to block someone viewing in - the glass is frosted. Nice big balcony which I couldn´t figure out how to open at night. Ordered room service because the plane ran out of steak and they had pasta with uncooked bacon ' if anyone comes soon, pack a lunch. The other snack also lacks a bit.

So, as I was typing, ordered room service (the sol is roughly 3 to our $1. so we were so hungry we ordered from the 24 hr room service. I really think Peru has something against he ice as I can´t seem to find the ice machine. LOL - I'll hunt later) and then I forgot to mention that the Casa Andina Collection has free wi-fi in all their hotels. This cubilce with 4 computers and one printer is on the 2nd floor. As I am sitting here "quickly" posting, the janitor is cleaning the carpet and listening to "Ahould I go or should I stay?" Who is that? I´m just too tired to think.

Sofolks that is it in a nutshell. The bell hop says the hotel has an ATM on the first floor. The driver told us that ATMs are EVERYwhere and not to worry about finding one. As soon as you nhit the baggage area at the airport your hit with girls asking you if you want to rent a phone for $10. I brought my trusty handy-dandy iphone which works well. Now dont´forget to turn off data roaming Laura. LOL No repeat of Aruba´s $65 charge for 15 minutes.

OK - dead tired - I´m sure I´ll be horrified at the typinmg mistakes tomorrow but I´ll plead that its the keyboards fault. Tomorrow is on our own as most people will be coming in. Oh yeah - found out that Miami is only 5 1/2 hrs from here. We made it in 8 hrs just about usually 8 1/2. Breakfast buffet from 6-10. Rooms super nice with a bolted in safe. Anyone considering doing this ABD, so far so good. TA TA for now ' dead tired

Laura

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura. The original link didn't work but I found you and corrected it on FB. Chad had lent me his laptop which had a german keyboard I think and I couldn't find half the characters so I know what you are struggling with. Have a great trip..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene - I can´t seem to find it either unless I go through blogspot.

    ReplyDelete