Sunday, August 2, 2009

Saturday, August 2, 2009

OK, so here it is early on Sunday morning - ok - not so early. Its 2:30 in the morning and I'm finally getting around to starting a blog. Not sure how successful I'll be at this one. I may also do a long hand version and update this later. (Heck, I may get some of use of that nice journal I bought in Rome and only used about 10 pages of! )

So here's the lowdown. Steve and I will be leaving (God willing) for my childhood dream (yes another one! ) destination spot on Monday, August 3rd. (Please keep the rolling eyes and sarcasm to a minimum please - LOL.) I was a bit worried as my mother was supposed to go into surgery (she was having knee surgery that day but God, in his infinite wisdom decided I would totally freak out if something went wrong and decided to postpone her surgery until August 6th. So I shall be leaving with one thing less to stress about on that day.

Our adventure has me a bit low-key. It really won't sink in that I'm actually going until I'm at the airport I suppose. Meanwhile, I sit here at the computer desk trying to type. LOL - its been about 1 month since I've been online and my typing skills are atrocious. Heck, I haven't even started packing yet. In my mind I'm just starting. To top it all off, I have to pick up April's school schedule come 8 am at St. Paul. As if I didn't have anything to do that day. I'm hoping - ok- aiming to reach the airport by 10 so that we are actually there by 10:30.

We are flying out of LAX on Lan flight #601 non-stop to Jorge Chavez International Airport - Lima. We depart at 1:20 and should arrive about 11:55. That's 8 1/2 hrs of flight time. I can do this - I did 11 hrs straight - twice - ok technically 3 times already. This will be a piece of cake! Or was that let them eat cake???????

Anyway, I'm just trying this out to see if I remember how to blog. I'll have to see if they now allowing blogging from my iphone. I'm still on the original Edge phone but should something happen on this trip, I'll probably update to the 3Gs model after I come back. JUST in case........as some of you well know.

Also, to those that saw how I have travelled in the past, I now only carry one lens - a 24-300mm lense from Tamron that I am quite happy with. I did however, acquire a small new toy - a Canon G10 as a back-up. The guy at Calumet suggested this as a point and shoot back-up. Wonder if Steve realizes he's the back-up! LOL

OK - on to check how this is going. Also, I have to get some sleep. I am still not even close to getting the laundry done. I'm a horrible procrastinator can you tell?

Ta Ta - Laura

1 comment:

  1. Laura....I knew you were leaving but was not sure of the date. I feel like we have not talked in ages since I have been so busy with the wedding. I will be checking your blog every day to see how it is going. Take lots of pictures and enjoy yourself. I know you have been wanting to go on this trip for a very long time. Oh yeah...and remember....POSTCARDS!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete