Tuesday, August 4, 2009

OK - so here`s things in a nutshell again.

Woke up at 8 Steve didn´t want to get up so we passed up the breakfast buffet. Woke up at noon, took a shower and I´m not sure that I didn´t give some possible peeper a show in the glass shower. LOL - it fogged up as I turned on the shower so they couldn´t see in. Anyway, left the room at 1:30 and promptly got some postcards. Seems the "postoffice" is literally 30 seconds walk from the hotel. Which by the way, I highly, highly recommend. The beds were full size but super comfy. Better than my bed at the Sheraton in Tysons Corner. OK - just as comparable. I as very surprised at the roominess of the rooms. They are spacious and I got a corner room with a HUGE Balcony. I could probably fit in about 20 people on the balcony. Too bad it was wasted.

We went "shopping" of course, Pam - the postcard is on its way! It was a cool and windy day about mid-60s. I turned off my roaming as AT & T sent me a message saying they would charge me $19.97 a mb for using e-mail or internet on my phone so that quickly went off. We finally we to eat and ended up eating at a cafe/restaurant on larco st called Luigi. Had a server named Angel who was super tiny but quick with a smile and very charming. I´ll ahve to post a picture later as you know this Mrs. Chatty gets to talking. But I´m on a public computer and not sure how to hook up my camera to this. Which is not to say that I really want to hook up my personal camera.

Anyway, my point_ Many retailers-stores will accept American dollars. But we still went to the ATM. For about $400 Soles ' we paid about $140 dollars. They have money changers quite rampid on Larco street so have no fear. Unlike me but I gave my wallet to Andrew to give to megan because I read that no one accept dollars here. DUH!

So tomorrow, we leave on a one hr flight to Cusco. We are to leave our bags outside the room at 6:45 am (ROTFLMAO) and we leave the lobby at 7:45. Wonder if Steve and I will make it - LOL. Anyway, Armando, one of our guides (which we didn´t meet today) left a message saying that he would love to meet us Wednesday morning. LOL - he may live to regret that later.

Anyway, We are to received white luggage tags so that the luggage fairies can magically take our luggage for us and we are to get a surprise too. HHHMMMM............wonder what that may be - this being Disney and all!!!!! I know what it is but I´m not telling! LOL

Windy and cool but Steve was super comfortable with the weather so much so that he went shopping with me. At the cafe, we had - well Steve had lasanga and I had some kind of boiled chieckn, mushroom and cheese. The fries were fat and tasted kinda funny. But not bad. Could have definitely used some salsa. Steve has been dying for some ice and turned kinda green after I mentioned he was brave for eating the ice. After my emergency room trip to the hospital the night before I left forEurope. I´m taking no chances. He took some ice but I´ll keep an eye on him.

OK folks, the line is building up here so I´m gonna jump off for now and let someone else use one of the four computers. Hope you all are enjoying reading. I´m very spasmatic but at least I´m trying to keep up. Oh yeah, Steve´s tring to figure out how he can take hom e a stuffed tarantula on the plane. (Over my dead body is that thing getting near my stuff)

Also, since we are coming back to the Casa Andina Miraflores, I was mostly scouting and I have some nice souvenirs for my family picked out. That´s about it for now - Steve went up to the room while I pounced on the open computer. OH yeah1 I found an Ecco store that sells Ecco shoes for about $30-$50 bucks. OMG! They are usually about $100-$150 in the States. Even at the outlets they run about $80-$100. I´m siked! Ecco Shoes! Yummy! Got me a pre-requisite hat in case it gets cold. I was able to walk around with short sleeves and a light knit jacket. Not too bad. Hope the weather stays.

Ta Ta for now!

1 comment: